Job Opportunity: Trust and Estates Paralegal
Selzer Gurvitch seeks a full-time experienced Trusts and Estates Paralegal to work in our fast-paced trusts and estates practice group on estate and trust administration and related areas in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and Virginia. This position represents an exciting and unique opportunity for professional growth within our established and prestigious firm, which is rapidly expanding its substantial estate planning and administration practice. We are looking for a paralegal with 5+ years’ experience preparing probate filings and estate tax returns, administering trusts and drafting estate planning documents. In this role, preferred candidates will have strong organizational and writing skills, outstanding oral communication skills, excellent academic credentials, and a desire to excel in a growing firm transitioning to the next generation. At least 2 years of college and Paralegal Certificate required. Four-year college degree preferred. The salary will be competitive and commensurate with your experience. We offer all our paralegals a full benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Prepare probate filings (petitions for probate, inventories, accounts, inheritance tax returns and petitions for assorted relief).
- Trust administration (i.e., prepare accountings, track and pay trust expenses, track and pay trust distributions, prepare Crummey Notices, facilitate the filing of trust tax returns).
- Prepare various correspondence with clients, financial institutions, insurance companies, Register of Wills Offices and government agencies.
- Prepare and file state and federal estate tax returns.
- Draft estate planning documents such as powers of attorneys, advance medical directives, assignments and deeds.
- Five or more years of relevant estate and trust administration experience.
- A driven, self-starter with excellent analytical and writing skills that is willing and able to handle multiple matters.
- Work independently and collaboratively as circumstances dictate.
This position description may not necessarily provide an exhaustive list of position responsibilities and requirements. Additional responsibilities may be added or eliminated to accommodate changes in business operations. Selzer Gurvitch, Attorneys at Law, has the right to revise, update, and amend this position description at any time.
How to Apply:
To apply, you must submit a resume in PDF format by email, along with a cover letter that includes your salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title “Estates and Trusts Paralegal” in the subject line. Your application will not be considered without both a resume and cover letter. No telephone calls, please.