Job Opportunity: Trust and Estates Associate
Selzer Gurvitch seeks a full-time experienced Trusts and Estates Attorney to work in our fast-paced trusts and estates practice group on a range of high-end estate planning, estate and trust administration and related areas in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and Virginia. This position represents an exciting and unique opportunity for professional growth within our established and prestigious firm, which is rapidly expanding its substantial estate planning and administration practice. We are looking for an attorney with 3+ years’ experience drafting estate planning documents, preparing probate filings and estate tax returns, and administering trusts. In this role, preferred candidates will have strong organizational and writing skills, outstanding oral communication skills, excellent academic credentials, and a desire to excel in a growing firm transitioning to the next generation. An advanced degree such as an L.L.M. and/or professional certifications preferred. Maryland bar required. Membership or ability to waive to D.C. and/or Virginia bars a plus. The salary will be competitive and commensurate with your experience. We offer all our associates full benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Draft estate planning documents (e.g., wills, trust agreements, powers of attorney, advance medical directives, deeds etc.).
- Prepare probate filings (petitions for probate, inventories, accounts, inheritance tax returns and petitions for assorted relief).
- Trust administration (i.e., prepare accountings, prepare Crummey Notices, track and pay trust expenses, track and pay trust distributions, facilitate the filing of trust tax returns).
- Prepare various correspondence with clients, financial institutions, insurance companies, Register of Wills Offices and government agencies.
- Prepare and file state and federal estate tax returns.
- A current active member of the Maryland Bar (in good standing). Virginia and/or D.C Bar membership or ability to waive in a plus.
- Juris Doctor degree from ABA-accredited law school and strong academic performance.
- Two or more years of relevant estate planning and/or estate and trust administration experience.
- A driven, self-starter with excellent analytical and writing skills that is willing and able to handle multiple matters.
- Work independently and collaboratively as circumstances dictate.
This position description may not necessarily provide an exhaustive list of position responsibilities and requirements. Additional responsibilities may be added or eliminated to accommodate changes in business operations. Selzer Gurvitch, Attorneys at Law, has the right to revise, update, and amend this position description at any time.
How to Apply:
To apply, you must submit a resume in PDF format by email, along with a cover letter that includes your salary requirements, to email@example.com with the job title “Estates and Trusts Attorney” in the subject line. Your application will not be considered without both a resume and cover letter. No telephone calls, please.