Job Opportunity: Commercial Real Estate Paralegal
Selzer Gurvitch seeks a full-time experienced Commercial Real Estate Paralegal to work in our fast-paced commercial real estate practice group on a range of types of transactions in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and Virginia. This position represents an exciting and unique opportunity for professional growth within our established and prestigious firm, which is rapidly expanding its fast-paced and established real estate, lending, business, and transactional law practice. In this role, you will report to multiple practice group attorneys, working a full-time, 37.5-hour workweek, with availability for overtime as needed.
- Reviewing title and survey.
- Preparing drafts of transactional documents.
- Preparing drafts of loan documents.
- Organizing and coordinating closings.
- Creating closing binders.
- Reviewing due diligence materials.
- Obtaining documents from various governmental agencies.
- Preparing and maintaining closing checklists.
- Monitoring post-closing deliveries.
- Reviewing and summarizing UCC, judgment, tax, and other lien searches.
- Knowledge in general corporate matters.
- Have at least 5-7 years of working experience as a commercial real estate paralegal or in an equivalent position with a law firm, title company, government agency, or real estate department of a financial institution with relevant experience as described above will be considered.
- Have at least 2 years of college required. Four-year college degree and Paralegal Certificate preferred.
- Have experience working with Windows 10 and MS office 2016 (Office 365). Proficiency in using Excel and Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Possess strong customer service skills and follow-up with supervising attorneys, clients, realtors, and other third parties.
- Be well-organized with strong attention to detail.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Be flexible with scheduling as required to meet deadlines.
- Be willing and open to learning new skills.
- The ability to work remotely is preferred.
This position description may not necessarily provide an exhaustive list of position responsibilities and requirements. Additional responsibilities may be added or eliminated to accommodate changes in business operations. Selzer Gurvitch, Attorneys at Law, has the right to revise, update, and amend this position description at any time.
How to Apply
To apply, you must submit a resume in PDF format by email, along with a cover letter that includes your salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title “Commercial Real Estate Paralegal” in the subject line. Your application will not be considered without both a resume and cover letter. No telephone calls, please.
About Selzer Gurvitch
Selzer Gurvitch Rabin Wertheimer & Polott, P.C. is a Bethesda, MD law firm focusing its practice primarily on transactional business, real estate, tax, estate planning, and general litigation. For more than 35 years, the firm has served clients throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Our lawyers apply traditional values of honesty, integrity, and hard work on behalf of our clients. We ask the right questions, listen carefully to the answers, and collaborate to develop and execute strategies designed to cost-effectively achieve our clients’ legal, business, estate planning, and personal objectives. Our attorneys get to know and come to care deeply about the people, businesses, and organizations that put their faith in us. We take tremendous pride in having established many multi-generational client relationships, in which we have earned the same level of trust from those young adults whose parents and grandparents first retained us. Each client, whether new or long-standing, receives our total dedication and commitment to achieve the best possible outcome. At Selzer Gurvitch, we will always stand for resolve, relationships, and results.