Job Opportunity: Commercial Real Estate Attorney
Selzer Gurvitch seeks a full-time experienced Commercial Real Estate Attorney to work in our fast-paced commercial real estate practice group on a range of types of transactions in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and Virginia. This position represents an exciting and unique opportunity for professional growth within our established and prestigious firm, which is rapidly expanding its fast-paced and established real estate, lending, business, and transactional law practice. We’re looking for an attorney with 2+ years of experience in real estate transactions and lender/borrower matters. In this role, preferred candidates will have experience representing owners, developers, and lenders in drafting agreements relating to the acquisition, financing, development, sale, and leasing of real estate. Additional requirements include strong organizational and writing skills, refined oral communication skills, excellent academic credentials, and a desire to excel in a growing firm transitioning to the next generation. The salary will be commensurate with your experience. We also offer all of our associates a competitive salary and a full benefits package.
- Draft, review, and negotiate real estate transaction documents (e.g., purchase agreements, loan documents, leases, etc.).
- Reviewing and analyzing due diligence materials for real estate closings.
- Reviewing title and survey.
- Draft and review entity governing and authorization documents
- Organizing and coordinating closings.
- A current active member of the Maryland, Virginia, or D.C. Bar (in good standing).
- Juris Doctor degree from ABA-accredited law school and strong academic performance.
- Experience with and/or ambition to learn commercial real estate and corporate transactions.
- Two or more years of relevant commercial real estate and/or corporate transactional experience.
- A driven, self-starter with excellent analytical and writing skills that is willing and able to handle multiple transactions from start to finish.
- Work independently or collaboratively as circumstances dictate.
This position description may not necessarily provide an exhaustive list of position responsibilities and requirements. Additional responsibilities may be added or eliminated to accommodate changes in business operations. Selzer Gurvitch, Attorneys at Law, has the right to revise, update, and amend this position description at any time.
How to Apply:
To apply, you must submit a resume in PDF format by email, along with a cover letter that includes your salary requirements, to email@example.com with the job title “Commercial Real Estate Attorney” in the subject line. Your application will not be considered without both a resume and cover letter. No telephone calls, please.
About Selzer Gurvitch
Selzer Gurvitch Rabin Wertheimer & Polott, P.C. is a Bethesda, MD law firm focusing its practice primarily on transactional business, real estate, tax, estate planning, and general litigation. For more than 35 years, the firm has served clients throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Our lawyers apply traditional values of honesty, integrity, and hard work on behalf of our clients. We ask the right questions, listen carefully to the answers, and collaborate to develop and execute strategies designed to cost-effectively achieve our clients’ legal, business, estate planning, and personal objectives. Our attorneys get to know and come to care deeply about the people, businesses, and organizations that put their faith in us. We take tremendous pride in having established many multi-generational client relationships, in which we have earned the same level of trust from those young adults whose parents and grandparents first retained us. Each client, whether new or long-standing, receives our total dedication and commitment to achieve the best possible outcome. At Selzer Gurvitch, we will always stand for resolve, relationships, and results.