Job Opportunity: Administrative Billing Specialist / Office Support Assistant
Selzer Gurvitch, Attorneys at Law is seeking a full-time Administrative Billing Specialist / Office Support Assistant in Bethesda, Maryland. The ideal applicant will have at least one (1) year of relevant work experience, preferably with a background in a legal environment. We are looking for an individual who possesses a high degree of organizational skills, is proficient with technology and learning new software systems, and is experienced with general office procedures. The position requires a team player with a strong work ethic. The position is benefits eligible.
- Providing clerical and administrative assistance to the Director of Administration/Controller;
- Assisting with executing the Firm’s front office duties, to include as needed greeting clients and visitors, answering phones, logging and disseminating packages/deliveries, sorting, scanning, and distributing incoming mail, as well as taking outcoming mail to the post office at the end of each day;
- Maintenance of the Firm’s reception area, kitchen, and conference rooms to ensure that they are neat, clean, and have adequate supplies;
- Answering the Firm’s telephone and ensuring that all calls and messages are forwarded to the appropriate attorney or staff member;
- Logging in/scanning all incoming packages and messenger deliveries and informing the appropriate attorney or staff member that a package has been delivered for him/her;
- Assisting the Senior Billing Specialist with full-cycle monthly billing procedures;
- Assisting with processing check requests submitted by firm staff and for assisting with processing checks for monthly office expenses;
- Assisting with setting up new client matter numbers and updating client billing information in TABS3 software;
- Assisting with maintaining electronic records and is responsible for the coordination of offsite file storage requests, including scheduling deliveries/pickups; also assisting in the maintenance of the Firm’s general and vault storage indexes;
- Assisting in updating attorney contacts in Outlook contacts folders and updating contacts in SGRW Public Contacts;
- Ordering kitchen and office supplies; and,
- Assisting with various other miscellaneous general office tasks as assigned.
- A four-year college degree is preferred; HS diploma with at least two (2) years of college required;
- At least one (1) year of administrative work experience working in a law firm or professional service organization is required. Experience with law firm billing software a plus;
- The ability to type at least 45 WPM;
- Strong computer skills working with MS office 2016, particularly with Excel, and have the ability to learn TABS3 billing software;
- Well-organized, have the ability to multi-task, with strong attention to detail;
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- The ability to work with confidential information and possess the maturity to maintain the information appropriately.
- Possess excellent customer service skills for purposes of responding to internal and external requests for administrative assistance;
- Able to move files or equipment weighing up to 10 lbs.; and
- A team player with a high level of flexibility and the ability to take direction.
This position description may not necessarily provide an exhaustive list of position responsibilities and requirements. Additional responsibilities may be added or eliminated to accommodate changes in business operations. Selzer Gurvitch, Attorneys at Law, has the right to revise, update, and amend this position description at any time.
How to Apply
To apply, you must submit a resume in PDF format by email, along with a cover letter that includes your salary requirements, to email@example.com mentioning the job title in the subject line. Your application will not be considered without both a resume and cover letter. No telephone calls, please.
About Selzer Gurvitch
Selzer Gurvitch Rabin Wertheimer & Polott, P.C. is a Bethesda, MD law firm focusing its practice primarily on transactional business, real estate, tax, estate planning, and general litigation. For more than 35 years, the firm has served clients throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Our lawyers apply traditional values of honesty, integrity, and hard work on behalf of our clients. We ask the right questions, listen carefully to the answers, and collaborate to develop and execute strategies designed to cost-effectively achieve our clients’ legal, business, estate planning, and personal objectives. Our attorneys get to know and come to care deeply about the people, businesses, and organizations that put their faith in us. We take tremendous pride in having established many multi-generational client relationships, in which we have earned the same level of trust from those young adults whose parents and grandparents first retained us. Each client, whether new or long-standing, receives our total dedication and commitment to achieve the best possible outcome. At Selzer Gurvitch, we will always stand for resolve, relationships, and results.