Blake Daniels is committed to understanding the industry in which each of his clients operates. Clients rely on him, as a Partner in Selzer Gurvitch’s Real Estate practice group, to analyze and develop solutions in transactional and development-related real estate matters in DC, Maryland, and Virginia, as well as markets across the United States. Mr. Daniels applies his practical experience in acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, debt finance, joint ventures, and general corporate matters to achieve the desired outcomes for each client.
Mr. Daniels delivers a range of legal services during the entire life cycle of a real estate transaction – from letters of intent, through contract and lease negotiation, due diligence, financing, and closing, across a broad scope of asset classes, including office, multifamily, retail, warehouse/industrial, flex, educational and mixed-use.
For complex real estate transactions, Blake represents a variety of clients, including:
- Private equity firms
- Commercial landlords and tenants to include multiple Fortune 100 corporations
- National, regional, and community commercial lenders
- CMBS master servicers and special servicers
- National insurance companies
- Governmental agencies
Prior to joining Selzer Gurvitch, Mr. Daniels served as a full-service real estate associate at multiple Am Law 100 firms.
Mr. Daniels graduated cum laude with University Honors from American University where he earned degrees in International Studies and Political Science. He returned in 2005 to American University’s Washington College of Law to earn his Juris Doctor.
Admitted: Virginia 2005; District of Columbia 2008; U.S. District Court, Northern District of Virginia; U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Virginia.
Memberships: Alexandria Bar Association; Arlington Bar Association.
Co-Author, Client eAlert titled “Yes, Virginia, Leases For More than 5 Years Really Do Need to be in the Form of a Deed: Virginia Supreme Court allows Early Termination of Lease not in Compliance with Statute of Conveyances” dated August 2018.
PRACTICE AREASRead More
- Real Estate
- Banking/Lender Representation
- American University’s Washington College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- American University, B.A., cum laude with University Honors
ADMISSIONS & CERTIFICATIONSRead More
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- Member – Alexandria Bar Association
- Member – Arlington Bar Association
- Co-Author – “Yes, Virginia, Leases For More than 5 Years Really Do Need to be in the Form of a Deed: Virginia Supreme Court allows Early Termination of Lease not in Compliance with Statute of Conveyances” dated August 2018.